8.22.2011

summer bounty

friends.

how could i have known when i chose the title for this here blog over a year ago,
that crazy would be a good way to describe our lives even beyond
quitting our jobs and moving overseas?

i may not do laundry by hand anymore (is that the hallelujah chorus i hear?),
and i might not encounter random parades regularly on my walk home from the subway,
heck, i might not even use the subway, but my own car most days.
but
crazy busy, crazy fun, crazy frustrating, crazy exciting, crazy new and fresh...
those are all good descriptors of life just about now.

i've started up my 2.5ish jobs and am loving it.
ruffin starts grad school tomorrow.
we move into our very own apartment in 2.5 weeks.

and this weekend i went to the farmer's market with some friends
and in an effort to prepare for this upcoming move,
and having my own kitchen again--
i decided to put up some of summer's bounty.

yep, i tried canning again!

some squash & zucchini to have in the freezer
and some roasted red peppers (my favorite!) that aren't pictured


and i turned some ugly (but cheaper!) heirloom tomatoes into...
some tomato sauce for pasta & pizza
and some roasted tomatoes (with shallots & garlic), halved and canned.

i'm going to love myself in december, right?

anyone else: ever try canning or preserving food for later on?

4 comments:

  1. i don't know what that means, but megan and i are going to love being your friend in december. we'll be over for pizza and pasta.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I take a great amount of pleasure seeing those jars lined up on the shelf with food I've canned. Been doing it for ages. Learned it from my mom. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...