5.28.2011

peace and saturday mornings

there have been times in the past 5 weeks of being in the states where i have felt a little more than anxious, a little less than settled. i want to start working, i want to be busy, i want to put down roots somewhere.

part of me is growing tired of the gypsy year we have had without jobs and our own place to call home.

the type a in me is constantly planning: the move, our future jobs, our budget, searching for the cheapest housing we can stand to live in, etc.

and then there is this smaller, much wiser part of me that actually believes god is making all things work together for my good (and without my help- gasp!).

there is this peace that comes on an early, unplanned saturday morning. there is space to believe and trust and be overwhelmed with gratitude for the life we are living, the people we share it with, and the god we serve.

on mornings like these, i can see the value of our crazy past year. that even though our life is nuts, i wouldn't trade it for anyone else's.

wishing this same peace and perspective to your crazy life today.


1 comment:

  1. i needed to read this today. I also feel like a gypsy...that doesn't mesh well with my borderline OCD personality. Miss you and ruffin! hope to see you soon! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...