5.13.2011

the trunk update

before i get into it, you should know this about me: i'm a do-er. much like my mom, at times i can be shoot-aim-ready kind of gal, because i get so excited marking things off my to-do list.

so.

knowing that about me, it might help explain my frustration at my little trunk project.
the outside is beautiful. i painted it (a light blue/gray color that was in the
mistinted/clearance section of lowe's) in one day and was so happy with the results!

very pretty.

and then...the inside.

remember the old english garden? well, the plan was to cover it up with this
cute paper (on clearance from michael's...see a pattern?) and with
some help from some spray adhesive.


but. when i saw a little tear in the english garden paper--i did it. i tugged.
and before i know it, i've ripped out half of this hideous wallpaper to find
it actually is a wood trunk! no idea. who would cover up pretty wood, right?
not me.

so i decided to try to peel off the other stuff that got in my way...well.
me, a flathead screwdriver, some water and white vinegar, a whole lot of
scrubbing/sanding, and 5 hours later, i've uncovered maybe 35% of the wood.


so here i am, a little frustrated and very impatient and sick of scrubbing and sanding.
i have yet to figure out plan b (did i mention i already returned the cute paper
and spray glue? woops), but patty griffin is putting me in a safer state of mind,
and i see some ddp (diet dr. pepper) in my future.

i'm sure there is an "easier to clean the outside of the cup than the inside"
kind of lesson to learn here...
but for now, i'm just happy the outside is purdy ;)

1 comment:

  1. Ohhh, so pretty. I am a sucker for gray, it's true. I love the weathered parts against the crisp white. This turned out great!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...