7.03.2011

diy jewelry organizer

i've got something to share today: my first completed pinterest project!

i get a lot of inspiration from pinterest, as i've said before,
but this is the very first time the inspiration lead to action.

and i'm pretty excited about it!

here's the pin i saw and fell in love with:


fellow blogger aunt peaches created this beauty (and the link has an awesome
how-to which i followed), and i LOVED the idea.

i'm one of those girls that loves organization, and was using a fishing
tackle box kind of thing for my jewelry. it didn't take long for it to be a
disorganized mess and i had to untie knots in my necklaces anytime
i wanted to actually wear them. not so fun.

but! with the help of pinterest + the aforementioned blog, i made this baby:


and i'm on a cute + functional high right now.

for anyone interested: i found an old plastic garage sale sign,
covered it in burlap, and used a stencil to paint the charcoal gray chevrons.
i then framed it in a large picture frame i had painted light blue,
and added drapery hooks (found mine for about $2 / 10 at joanne fabrics)
for the necklaces, and a metal mesh pencil bin locker organizer
(random? $3 at target in the office section) for bracelets + earrings.

you should try one for yourself!

3 comments:

  1. Love it Libs- wish I had the time bc I need one too! Let me know if you make another one- or have the time to- I will buy from you:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. For sure! I can't guarantee I'll have it done in time for the beach, but let me know what colors you're thinking and I can work on it whenever I have the time :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. well i rarely leaves comment on any site but your blog is really so amazing that i can't stop myself from making comment on it...

    Research Paper

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...